Log In | Contact Us| View Cart (0)
Browse: Collections Digital Content Subjects Creators Record Groups

Cape Haze Marine Laboratory (1955-1967) | Mote Marine Laboratory

Name: Cape Haze Marine Laboratory (1955-1967)
Variant Name: Cape Haze Lab, Mote Marine Laboratory


Historical Note: The Cape Haze Marine Laboratory was founded in 1955 by Eugenie Clark in Placida, Florida with funding from the Vanderbilts. The lab moved to Siesta Key in 1960, and was renamed Mote Marine Laboratory in 1967 after William R. Mote. The lab moved to City Island, Sarasota, Florida in 1978.
Sources: "Mote Marine Laboratory - The Perry Gilbert Era 1967-1978." or "The story of a little lab that made it big - being a brief history of the Mote, formerly Cape Haze, Marine Laboratory during the period 1955-1978." Published by Mote Marine Laboratory, October 1990.
Note Author: Donna Johnson, Claire K. and Perry W. Gilbert.





Page Generated in: 0.1 seconds (using 107 queries).
Using 10.61MB of memory. (Peak of 10.74MB.)

Powered by Archon Version 3.21 rev-1
Copyright ©2012 The University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign